To receive the best treatment possible, the patient, physician, and health plan must work together as a team.
We recommend that you:
- Check with our office regarding insurance coverage issues.
- Talk to your health care plan member services department.
- Prior to a procedure or surgery, we will contact you to discuss your deductible payment amounts. This information is provided as a courtesy and does not guarantee payment.
- Co-payments are due at the time of your visit: We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, and Visa.
- Unmet deductibles are due in advance of your scheduled procedure or surgery. We accept cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
- In all cases, the patient is responsible for understanding their insurance coverage and is ultimately responsible for their bill for services rendered.
Sound Urological Associates will process any and all insurance claims on behalf of our patients. Since it is impossible for us to keep track of every insurance plan and its policies, we expect you to know your plan coverage, co-pay, and/or deductible levels. Sound Urological Associates will assist you with your insurance coverage and paperwork to the best of our ability if you present your current insurance card at the time of service. Without current insurance information, you will be entered into our system as self-pay and will be required to pay at time-of-service (before treatment). If you do not have insurance, we will require payment at the time of service.
Co-pays and deductibles:
All co-pays and deductibles required by your insurance plan are collected at the time of service. Patients receiving urodynamic services should be aware that although these services are diagnostic in nature, they may be considered surgical by your insurance company and therefore may require a separate co-pay or co-insurance.
Referrals, pre-certification, and prior authorization:
If an insurance referral from your primary care physician is required, you must present it at the time of service. If you choose to be seen without the appropriate referral in hand, you agree to be responsible for the charges should they not be covered by your insurance.
A $50 fee will be assessed if a scheduled clinic appointment is not canceled at least 24 hours before the appointment. If a scheduled surgery, set to occur in the Ambulatory Surgery Center, is canceled less than 24 hours from the time of surgery, you will be charged a $125 fee.
Patient Financing for out of pocket expenses. Click here for details.